Did you answer the call? I am talking about the call from Live Earth to make your pledge to answer the SOS to help save our earth. I watched much of the entertainment and info yesterday. It was on 3 channels for awhile, and I was switching between them to watch what I liked. The rap crap as I call it, had to go. And when 2 of the channels had Kelly Clarkson and Madonna on at the same time, I had to tip my hat to Diva, Madonna. Sorry Kelly, I like you, but Madonna is still just a bit better in my humble opinion.
In addition to suggestions given during yesterday's broadcast, I have come up with some idea of my own to save our planet:
1. Instead of just waiting until I have a full load of clothes to wash, I will do one better and not
wash my clothes until after I have worn them 3 times or more; my bedsheets will not be
washed for at least 1 month;
2. I will reuse all my toilet paper;
3. I will take my used napkins and lie them out to dry, then reuse them a 2nd, maybe even a
4. I will only get the newspaper every other day because the news isn't worth reading anyway;
5. I will wait until my trash can is about to overflow before compacting it and taking it to the
Honestly, I have made my pledge to do my part. I have changed some lightbulbs already with the more energy efficient ones. I vow to change more. I will honestly do only full loads of wash, and use only papertowels that are recylced. I will try to eat less meat, saving grain used to feed the animals we eat. (Sorry, I cannot go vegetarian as I like my meat too much). And when I get ready to purchase my new car in 6 months to a year, I will seriously look at the Toyota Prius. In addition, I will try to use less heat/ac.
Will you do your part as well?