Monday, June 05, 2006

Mad As Hell

A glass of red wine on an empty stomach, Natalie Maines singing, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not ready to back down" (Not Ready to Make Nice, Dixie Chicks, Taking The Long Way), and a copy of the latest The Advocate is a bad, bad combination! Why? Because I'm sick and tired of the self-righteous telling me what is and is not my right! And I'm sick and tired of the Democratic party being the wusses they are!

Ever since I bought the Dixie Chicks new CD, I have had the songs in my head. And I'm mad as hell! Then I read interview with Howard Dean, Chairperson of the Democratic National Committee in The Advocate. Dean recently was on Pat Robertson's television show, The 700 Club, and he stated that the Democratic party platform opposed gay marriage equality. Dean was wrong! But when asked by The Advocate "Why don't Democratic politicians who privately favor marriage equality back it publically," Dean's response was, "Because I think it's extremely controversial, and we need to work through that controversy....It is very important that the LGBT community and the Democratic Party not get divided over the one issue that we're still having a big conversation about." BULLSHIT, HOWARD!!! Since when is protecting the rights of the American people "controversial"?

The Democrats are just too afraid to say anything they fear will lose upcoming elections! The Democrats are too busy trying to kiss eveyone's ass that they let Bush & Company take the US to an illegal, unjust war, just as the Democrats are allowing the Republicans to crush the rights of Americans! The Democrats don't want to make any waves! Where's Hilary been? Hiding? Waiting for the right moment to come? Enough already, you wishey-washey Democrats! Stand up and defend the rights of the citizens of the US, no matter what their lifestyle.

I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

1 comment:

Merci said...

I don't get it, either. I guess they're trying to keep the Republicans from hijacking the election again. I'd really like to see them keep this out of the national forum for now, and let the states handle it. We Americans need to choose our representatives this fall based on their intentions regarding the war and the economy, not an emotionally charged debate over something that won't happen, like recklessly changing the constitution.

For the longest time the hotbutton issue used to sway elections was abortion. I really resent the Republican party for using this technique. They don't address the true needs of our country, instead they set themselves up as a moral authority and scare people into following them to "protect our way of life". Rather Ayatollah-like, if you ask me. It's discouraging that so many people take the bait.