Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The World Wants Obama

While we wait to see who is elected the next President of the US, the world waits as well. Most of the world wants Barack Obama. According to one report, "World hopes for 'less arrogant America." The world is tired of George W. Bush and is excited about Obama's focus on hope. In Paris, there is going to be a "Goodbye George" party to say adios to an era in US history that I hope does not harm our reputation too dramatically.

Obama brings with him an attitude that America must lead, but must also be a part of the world community. To some that is scary, a sign of weakness. However, it's the truth. Like it or not, we now live in a world that is more than ever connected. Economically there is no way around it. What happens in Japan has an impact on the US. And what we have learned recently with the high fuel prices, what happens in the Middle East sends tidal waves to the US. Technology brings us together, like it or not. The environment also joins the countries of the world; pollution in China effects the environment of the US.

So let's keep our hope alive today as Barack Obama is elected President. It is not only good for America, but the rest of the world as well.

(Now I'm outta here to cast my vote. Hope you're doing the same).

2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Karl,

I am afraid to celebrate just now ... I mean once bit and twice shy...but I have a great feeling about this.

I like the idea of a Goodbye George Party ... been a long time coming.

Merci said...

I'm almost afraid to go to sleep! I saw McCain's concession speech, but I'm still afraid that something will change overnight. Guess I'm struggling with a ghost of elections past.