Saturday, March 28, 2009

More Involvement?

President Obama seems fixated on widening the US involvement in Afghanistan to defeat the Taliban. This is causing some, particularly my fellow left-wing democrats, to question why put more troops in Afghanistan. Isn't that, after all, just following Bush's lead? Isn't that what we did NOT want to happen?
Believe me, I am not happy about more US troops being deployed anywhere. I want them all home. But I still trust President Obama (with this and the economy). I think he must have strong evidence that the Taliban or Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan are definitely planning more attacks on US citizens here and abroad. I do not think President Obama is just putting more US troops in harms way because he's a power hungry, war-obsessed person.
Unlike George W. & Company, that were bent on World Domination, I truly feel President Obama is doing what is in the best interest of the US.

No comments: