Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Two Cents on Tiger Woods

For what it's worth, let me give my opinion of the Tiger Woods' situation. I have yet to weigh in on it. I am sick and tired of hearing about it! But it seems to be the topic of news everytime I turn on the television or open the paper or listen to the radio. Someone told me today that in the past two weeks, Tiger Woods has been in the media as much as the tragedy of 9/11 was in 2001! What a shame! Not only "tabloid" media shows, but so-called "news" media has continued to put Tiger Woods in the headlines! I for one, think it's time to GIVE IT UP!

I have never viewed Tiger Woods as a person who sought the status of a celebrity. He plays golf, is damned good at it, and has become famous because of his talents on the golf course. Thus, Tiger Woods has become a celebrity. And yes, he has "cashed in" on his status as a pro golf celebrity, but so what! Tiger Woods is not like Kim Kardashion or Paris Hilton, or even Jon and Kate Plus Eight! These "celebrities," and other like them, have sought out the media to become celebrities. What have any of them done to deserve the fame or status as a celebrity? NOTHING! I truly believe that Tiger Woods did not ask for this status!

Therefore, what has occurred in his life, is his business. If he has been unfaithful to his wife, it's nobody's business but Tiger's and Mrs. Woods'. The media has conducted polls as to how favorable people feel about him, just like the polls taken on presidents. Who cares what anyone's favorable rating is toward Tiger Woods? I know I don't. And the talk of "taking away Tiger's children" is absolutely ridiculous! What has Tiger Woods done to put his children in jeopardy? Again, NOTHING! His children are not at risk of neglect or abuse! There are parents seriously neglecting and abusing their children, but the Woods' situation has not placed the children in any harm! The Woods children are very well cared for!

So I for one am damned tired of it all! I wish I could just once turn on the 6 o'clock news and not hear anything about Tiger Woods!

2 comments:

Elliott said...

I agree Karl, I could care less about his business. I know overseas they find it crazy how much time we spend on infidelity an celebrities.

Karl said...

Hey! Stuff happens in everyone's life! What's happening in Tiger's is no different!