Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy 2010. Wishing You The Best!

Welcome 2010! A new decade! The start of a new beginning. Here's wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!
While I watched the revelry in Times Square on television, I wondered how and why a date in time is important! What makes January 1st all that? After all, it's just a date. Why not June 1st or some other date? Duh! It's more than just the turning of a new page! It's the "getting a new calendar" time! (By the way, I still haven't bought a 2010 calendar for home and it's driving me crazy. Hopefully I can find one 1/2 off at the mall this weekend). June 1st or any other first day of the month is just turning page, not taking the entire calendar down and putting it away or throwing it in the trash. I guess January 1st represents a new beginning! A time to put away the old and bring in the new! A symbolic gesture, to say the least, because after the celebration of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, the clock just continues. Has anything really changed? Come Monday January 4, 2010, I'll go to work and continue in the same routine that I did just the week before. But the new year year brings a new hope that things will be better, or even better if you had a good last year.
I wish everyone a very Happy New Year and a prosperous 2010. I am not only speaking in terms of money, which we all could use a nice boost in, but health, family, personal decisions, etc., etc., etc. I don't know what tomorrow brings. It could be my last day! But we as humans, for the most part I believe, have that tendency to hope that tomorrow will be better. And for everyone, I hope it is too!

No comments: