Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

You cannot have the present without the past!  Wow!  Those words just came out of my mind when someone said how thankful she is for her beautiful life, and how thankful she was for all the little things, good and bad, that have led to this beautiful life. 

"If you could, what would you change in your past?"  That question is always asked by others and ourselves.  Quite honestly I don't like dwelling on this question because, as I always say, "If's never happen!"  One cannot change anything in his or her life no matter how much he or she would like to.  Since it cannot and will not change, why get caught up in it?  Besides, if one little thing changed in your life, then the entire course of your life would be different.

However, when I do think of perhaps being able to change some of the events in my life, of course I can think of some.  I admit I have absolutely no regrets in my past.  But again, changing things could never be a reality.  Movies are made, and books are written, with this possiblity, and they make for interesting fiction, but they can never happen. 

So on this Thanksgiving Day, that brings me to all the things I am thankful for.  Luck?  Good choices?  Destiny?  I'm not sure why my life has turned out as it has, but it has!  I have had a pretty easy life, and for that I am truly thankful.  I have a great family and friends!  I have a good job despite my frequent complaints.  I have been healthy all my life with the few minor afflictions that plague us all.  I'm not an ugly guy!  I have a warm home in the winter and a cool home in the summer.  Storms have come, but none have left me in despair!  I take trips now and again.  These are just a few of the many, many things, too many to mention here, for which I am thankful! 

As I approach another birthday next month, I also often think that it's half over.  (Maybe more).  I have made it this far, much farther than some have made it.  Again, not sure why me, but I am thankful to still be here! 

So on this Thanksgiving 2012 there are so many things for which I am thankful!

No comments: