Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Finally A Candidate That Admits His Humanity

Could it be that we finally have a presidential candidate who admits that he's human and that he's done some rather stupid stuff over the years? I am still very undecided as far as which democratic presidential candidate I support, but more and more, I like Barack Obama's positions and attitude. Today Obabma admitted that he has tried drugs and used alcohol in high school. Not the "smoked marijuana but didn't inhale" lie that some have used in the past. Not the "nope, not me" lie that others have given in the past, but an honest, open, "You know, I've made some bad decisions that I've actually written about. You know, got into drinking. I experimented with drugs..." Obama admitted to not only smoking pot, but doing a little cocaine in his earlier years. Some undoubtedly will see this as a weakness, but I myself see it as a strength. A strength in being honest, admitting one's youthful stupidity, and moving forward to be a productive member of society.

No comments: