Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Where Were You Then?

You won't hear me down the Democrats much in my writing, but as I read some of John Kerry's speach today, I could only ask, "Where were you and the other critics before the war with Iraq even started?" I still cannot believe how easily Bush & Company led the US into war against Iraq. I was not even the slightest bit privy to the intelligence the Bush Administration and our US Congress had at the time, but I doubted seriously the threat Sadam Hussein was to us. I knew he did not possess WMD's, and that he had nothing to do with 9-11. If the UN inspectors could find nothing, and the US wouldn't tell them where the WMD's that we had such tremendous evidence existed were, how could anyone believe WMD's really did exist? And who was I but a little peon? Why were so many, like Kerry, supportive of Bush & Company? The answer, I'm afraid, is that to speak against going to war with Iraq, to not support the invasion of Iraq, was an unpopular stance at the time. But now, everyone is on the bandwagon criticizing the war. Now it's popular to criticize. I'm not saying the war should not be criticized, because it certainly should be, 2000+ dead is a crime, but why not earlier? I only wished the Democrats had the balls back then, when it was unpopular, to stand against the war in Iraq!

2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Thou shalt not question the Chimp; that was the law through out the land in Post 9/11 Amerikkka!

And now we have our war, 2000 and some of our kids dead; Osama is still at large, terrorism is still going great guns through out the world; but at least Halliburton is showing a great profit in its fourth quarter!!!

Merci said...

And Iran is the new threat...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/10/27/ahmadinejad.reaction/index.html