Sunday, February 11, 2007

Yes, America Has Gotten What It Deserved

I attended a family birthday party yesterday, and while there the topic of President's Day (next Monday, 2/19/07) came up. Along with the mention of President's Day, someone said, "Yes. It's President Bush day!" That was followed by many unflattering comments about George W. I could not resist. For I know that a few of the people in the room, the same ones making some of the negative comments, voted for George W., not only in 2000, but also in 2004. (These are family members and I will forgive them, but I will never forget). I then started with my "told you so" attitude. I reiterated what I said after the 2004 election: Americans deserve exactly what they get for the next 4 years.

And I still hold to that exultation! If Americans are so unhappy with George W. & Company, if Bush's ratings are so low, many Americans only need look in the mirror to find the answer to the puzzling question: how did such a moron become President of the U.S.? Bush, a man who while suffering from Delusions of Grandeur, feels he was placed in U.S. history at this time because God wanted him there! I hope he still feels God has his back because many of Bush's supporters have deserted him. His own party has disowned him for fear of future political devastation.

So to all those who voted for George W. in 2000 and 2004, "I TOLD YOU SO!" Once an asshole, always an asshole, and I hope everyone is finding that out now about George W. He has destroyed this country's reputation throughout the world! One can only hope the next president can restore the world's confidence in the greatest country on the face of the earth!

1 comment: