Sunday, May 03, 2009

Karma's A Bitch!

Yesterday at the Cherry Hill Mall, I was trying to find a parking place as the place was mobbed. (By the way, the CH Mall has been refurbished and it looks GREAT! Still alot of empty stores on the new section, which is anchored by Nordstroms, but it is very nice). I did the "trolling" technique of trying to find a parking space. You know, where you spot someone coming out of a store and you follow them to their car then wait for them to leave. (I don't like doing this because it sometimes puts my car in an awkward position of blocking the lot, but because it was so crowded, I did it anyway).

Well, I followed two women to their car, saw them get in, and waited, with my left turn signal on, for the car to pull out. I waited close to five minutes for the car to finally back out of the slot. The car was coming toward me, so I wasn't able to immediately pull into the parking space until the car pulling out got passed me. All of a sudden, this car with a girl in her late teens, early twenties comes toward me and swings her car into the spot I was waiting for. I beeped and she just looked at me with what some would call "a shit-faced grin." I was furious, but what was I going to do? I sat their for awhile, more out of disbelief than anger. Finally I pulled away, seeking another parking space.

As I looked for another parking space, I came upon the young lady (strike that because she was far from being a "lady") walking in the parking lot. She had her back to me, but it was definitely her. I rolled down my window and said, "Excuse me! Karma's a bitch!" She turned around, giving me that same, "shit-faced grin." I said, "Karma's a bitch, and you'll get yours, believe me!"

The arrogance of this BITCH! It wasn't as if she did not realize I was waiting for the parking space and accidentally took it from me! She knew exactly what she was doing, and her smirk let me know she was damn proud of it! Not only was she arrogant, but STUPID! This is the kind of thing that causes road rage reactions. I could feel the rage come up in me! This girl was alone in her car, and had I been someone else, I'm sure the reaction wouldn't have been so kind! I thought to myself, if I was a person with anger management issues, or a group of peers, they would have gotten out of their car and kicked this girl's butt! Worse yet, if whoever's spot she stole had a gun or knife, this "parking space thief" could have been seriously injured!

Yes, Karma's a bitch, and I believe this young lady will get what's due her. I only hope it's nothing too bad. Maybe just a flat tire, a fender-bender, or a nasty break up with a boyfriend. I only hope when Karma does pay her back, she'll remember the parking space she stole at the Cherry Hill Mall on 5/2/09!

4 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Did you ever see Fried Green Tomatoes? Kathy Bates has a similar situation where two young girls pull into a spot she's waiting on, when she asks why they did that they say, "Face it lady, were younger and faster!" So Kathy pulls her car back and slams into their car several times leaving it all dented and beat up. And then she smiles at the girls and says, "Face it girls, I'm older and have better insurance".

I was at the CHM a few weeks ago, it is insane, there is no where to park there - in fact they have valet parking now.

When I was in my teens, I lived just a mile from the mall, and used to walk there back in the day ... it really has become a whole different place.

Karl said...

Believe me, my first reaction was to do just that: ram her car! But being the level-headed guy I am, I just sat in my vehicle a few minutes and watched the windows fog up from the steam coming out of me! (That was after I realized she REALLY had the nerve to do what she did).

Zelda Parker said...

There are plenty of parking spaces at Echelon?

Merci said...

CHM on a Saturday afternoon? What were you thinking? It's been parking hell there on weekends for as long as I can remember, and I remember the mall when they still had monkey cages and Harvest House!