Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My Prediction: The DEBACLE of All Debacles

My prediction: Ten years or more from now, the Iraq War (this current one) will go down in history as the debacle of all time. From its conception, the Iraq War has been one mistake after another. The rationale for war was wrong. The stategy of the war was wrong. The end result will be wrong. Let's face it: the US is stuck in Iraq for a long time to come. No timetable or benchmarks have been set. However, rumors are now that troops will be decreased in Iraq. If the US stays, the problems only mount. If the US cuts and runs, Iraq will end up in civil war and disarray for many, many years to come. George Bush has got his work cut out for him. But, as he constantly reminds us, "It is hard work." Call my cynical, but this was one big mistake, Mr. Bush. And I think history will also view it as such. Mark this date, and my prediction. Tell me if I'm wrong or right in ten years.

No comments: