Wednesday, July 13, 2005

OK...I'm A Choc-A-Holic!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
OK....I'll admit it! I am a choc-a-holic! I need my chocolate fix just about every day. Not alot, just a piece or two of chocolate. And the darker the better. Because of my vice, I pay special attention to stories about chocolate. I really like all the hoopla chocolate is getting now about how healthy it is. Chocolate is full of antioxidents that are good for the body. So, I'm not eating chocolate, but I'm taking my vitamins. My favorite candy is M&M's, especially peanuts. And M&M's have an interesting history.
It goes all the way back to the Spanish Civil War, when legend has it that Forrest Mars, Sr., on a trip to Spain, encountered soldiers eating pellets of chocolate encased in a hard sugar coating, preventing the chocolate from melting. (That's right, "it melts in your mouth, not in your hand"). M&M's candy was first sold in 1941, and soon became a favorite of American GI's in WWII. They were sold as a convenient snack that was good in any climate. Today, I have heard that M&M's continues to be a favorite in the hot climate of Iraq and Afghanistan. All I know is M&M's are good.

1 comment:

Pax Romano said...

Gee...seems I heard this tale just today ...now why is that?