Saturday, July 30, 2005

Thank You, Music

I am sitting here now listening to jazz artist, Wayman Tisdale. He's a 6'4, 300 lb. former basketball player, who plays the bass guitar like I have never heard before. I like all kinds of music, depending on my mood at the time. I go from Jazz to Country to good ol' fashion Gay Dance (as I like to call it). But I just have to say "Thank You, Music. You make my day. You lift me up when down...or bring me down when a bit too up." Music amazes me. Just think about it: all the millions of songs made each year, maybe even each day or week, and no 2 exactly alike. What is there, 8 notes? (I am not a musician). And the combination of these notes, "infinitessable"! Music is better than any drug developed, better than any liquor created. (Although these can add to the "feel" of the music). A world without music would be pretty dull. Give me my music!

2 comments:

Zelda Parker said...

If I were on a deserted island and could only have one thing. With good company I'd need music.

Pax Romano said...

Yes sir, don't take away my music...well you can have Cher.

:::ducks to avoid flying objects:::