Sunday, August 07, 2005

QUEER AS FOLK: A Sad Farewell

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Showtimes' Queer As Folk had its season finale this evening. For me it was a sad farewell. I have watched "the boys" for the past 5 seasons and I will miss it. I guess for me personally, Queer As Folk has special meaning. It was 5 years ago, the same year QAF made its debut, that I came out, declaring that I was no longer going to hide in my closet, but live as a proud gay man. It was at this time that I was making my rounds in the gay clubs in the area and "learning" what the gay life was all about. You see, I was reborn. I had to go through childhood and adolescence in warp speed. And boy did I! I think I learned more in my first year of gayhood than I had in my entire life. It has been an adventure. The boys (and girls) of QAF ran parallel with my life and it had special meaning for me. So with a sadness in my heart, I say goodbye Debbie, Michael, Brian, Justin, Emmit, Ted, Lindsey, Melanie, and everyone else. Thanks for 5 great years.

1 comment:

Pax Romano said...

You know how I feel about this show. I found it trite and poorly written, that said, It was ground-breaking in that it focused on gay and lesbian people. I hope that someone creates another gay themed program and maybe hires some good actors and decent writers; we deserve caviar after years of burgers and fries!